Return to the
CE Primer Home Page
How to Properly Cut A Simplus Bare Fused Silica Capillary
The recommended cleaving or cutting procedure is as follows:
- Place the capillary over a large diameter radius surface.
- Keep under slight tension.
- Hold a fresh, clean cleaving stone at an approximately 30º angle to the capillary.
- Drag the edge of the cleaving stone across the fiber penetrating the Polyimide coating. Do not apply excessive pressure.
- Pull the capillary HORIZONTALLY until it breaks.
- If the capillary will not break, the Polyimide has not been properly cut.
- Repeat the above steps.
Return to the Technical Information Page